Pinot Noir Estate Dry 2013

SKU/Code: 
DB7226-13
Product Line: 
Red
Varietal: 
Pinot Noir
Country: 
Germany
Region: 
Pfalz
Becker

Fritz Becker's vineyards straddle the French border: about 70% of this wine is grown in Alsace, the other 30% on the German side. The soils consist of limestone covered in a clay/loam mix. The grapes are all destemmed and fermented in open tanks. The final blend is aged in large oak casks and 10% smaller barriques, none new.

This is an incredibly drinkable, lovely Pinot with sweet fruit married to exceptional minerality. Year after year, Becker's basic cuvee achieves the holy grail of Pinot: a light body belied by rich, delicious flavor.